Thursday, January 7, 2010

Some Tips For A Bridal Show

During The Bridal Show, you fill out your contact information multiple times during the session. One tip is to take address labels with you which save the vendor from having to decipher your handwriting. A cheap alternative to printing your own is taking all the labels you get as a free thank you gift from donating to your favorite charity or doing business with certain companies. If you print your own, then make sure you include your e-mail address and phone number.

Another tip I have is creating your wedding's own e-mail address. You can get a ton of e-mail from just signing up with David's Bridal and TheKnot.com. Keeping all the e-mail in a one place will keep you more organized. If they let you have folders, then I recommend having separate folders for the different kinds of vendors.

Heath was upset about signing up for different "prizes" at each booth. I was rather delighted to give them my information and have the vendors contact me. I actually prefer for the vendors to call me. I have caller ID, so if I do not feel like talking to them I do not pick up the phone. Chances are, at least at the moment, if I gave them my contact number, then I do want to hear from them. Life is busy enough then calling each place individually to hear about their services. Another reason, I am happy to rely on e-mail.

The last few tips I have are regarding the shopping bags of information you are given. I set up with a filing system with all the information I was given-which is my typical method for anything. Each folder was labeled with a vendor or subject i.e. flowers, locations, apparel, etc. I made sure I wrote notes on each pamphlet I was given. I was much more specific than yummy cake and fabulous pictures. I wrote a comment that would help me remember, such as big picture of Charleston or the castle cake with the bride and groom. There was only one castle cake and very few pictures of Charleston. I also made note of the places I did not like. One photographer had 100 pictures of the bride to every 1 picture of the groom and another place had such horrible wedding cake, I was looking for a place to spit it out. I include these notes in with my folders to remind me that I did not like these vendors and do not need to waste my time researching them. One last thing-since I am advocating you take all pamphlets, please recycle after the wedding or after you have chosen that vendor.

No comments:

Post a Comment