Saturday, January 16, 2010

Joining a Gym

Today I joined a gym. Thinking about my wedding day, I thought about all the things I wanted. Near the top of the list was enough energy to get through the day. I know that I will spend that day being very busy and I still want to have enough stamina to enjoy dancing to music at my reception. I am also very aware that I am very overweight and need to spend some more time focused on myself. I have wanted to join a gym for several months, especially since all my coworkers were joining them. Unfortunately, I did not have the funds to join a gym.

While at the The Bridal Show, I saw a gym near Heath's house that was offering a Bridal Boot Camp. I was very interested, but knew that I would not be able to afford it. After visiting the booth of Ladies Fitness and Wellness in Raleigh, Heath told me that he would pay for me to join for several months. They offered two free weeks and I was very impressed with their program, however due to the location of their facility and the location of my workplace, I would not be able to make it to the classes that I would want to participate in. Heath told me that I should look closer to my place of work and that he would still be able to help me pay. I googled "Ladies Fitness near Chapel Hill" and found Ladies Fitness and Wellness in Chapel Hill. For the month of January, they had a special fee to join of $20.01. They told me they have monthly specials on their membership fees. My monthly fee is around $44, which I believe is pretty reasonable. They offer many classes including spinning classes and NIA classes. They have plenty of equipment, so their is no waiting for a machine. They also offer training packages and massages. I highly recommend this facility to any woman in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment