Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Reception Site

Today, Heath and I found a place for the reception. Going through bridal magazines, talking to people, and going to The Bridal Show, we had a list a mile long for reception sites. I was still hoping to have the ceremony at a church in Chapel Hill, so I was trying to find sites close to Chapel Hill. Heath and I contacted many different sites, but not too many of the sites were close to Chapel Hill. Of all the sites we contacted, they were either too much, not large enough, did not get back to us, not available, or their rules of use were so complicated, we did not want to deal with the site.

I decided to Google "Reception Sites in Chapel Hill, NC." I contacted many of the sites, but still did not have the right spot for the right price. Wednesday night I was flipping through Weddings Magazine, a publication that I picked up at The Bridal Show. On pages 25-27, there was a useful guide to reception sites. The guide gives the maximum capacity, number of banquet rooms, number of months in advance to schedule, average price per person, available serving style, valet parking availability, and information about catering. On that list, I found a site I found The Preserve at Jordan Lake. A few pages later, I found an advertisement for the place. I gave Heath the information, as I was already drowning in e-mails, phone calls, and information.

The Preserve at Jordan Lake is a golf club on the edge of Chapel Hill. It is a very pretty drive from Chapel Hill and North Carolina. Heath and I play golf and since we met, I always thought having the wedding at a golf course would be perfect. Our first date was playing putt-putt and our second date was at a driving range. I always dreamed of having a country club wedding, but not being a member, I figured that reception site would be out of my grasp. While it is not for everyone, I would really like some wedding shots on a golf course. I would like our engagement photos at a beach or on a golf course. The majority of our relationship seems like it has been at the Outer Banks or on a golf course or driving range.

Heath and I met with Andy Williams this morning. Our date was available and the price of $500 for an evening fit into our budget. With Mr. William's help I was able to see my dream turn into a reality. I will post more details and more information once the contract is signed.





No comments:

Post a Comment